cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Embedded Canvas Apps in Model-Driven App Sizing issue

Hi All,

I have an embedded canvas apps on the model driven app.

canvas app size is 700 by 500

Poweruser1101_0-1611035582820.png

I have a form control in the app.  I have applied responsive design on the form, hence Scale To FIT and Aspect Ratio is turned off
The height of the FormScreen is set to App.DesignHeight. 

The canvas app displays properly however there is a huge blank space below the app due to which a long scroll bar appears on the form (height wise) . i am not understanding from where the huge space arrived there is no further control on the form. Would really appreciate if someone can point out the issue behind this or is it a bug from the microsoft end?

The issue is not with the canvas app, height of the canvas app is getting applied, something is wrong with the form height itself but i am not sure how to fix this.

Screenshot of the scrollbar appearing even when there are no controls -

Poweruser1101_1-1611036186935.png

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Poweruser1101,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to configure the canvas app in a UI friendly mode?

I think the key is that you have designed the canvas app size into 700x500. The App can maintain the aspect ratio between the Height and Width, so the height is adjust automatically by the width based on the aspect ratio.

You could try to change the Tab layout.

Here is a similar thread you could check.

Hope it could help.

Regards,

Qi

Helper I
Helper I

Hey thank you for responding. I tried changing the tab layout but only when the tab configuration is

Tab 1 : 34%

Tab 2 : 33%

Tab 3 : 33%

the scroll bar is removed, as soon as i update the width of any of the tab column the scroll bar re-appears. 

If i change the tab width to below -

Tab1 : 80%, Tab2: 10%, Tab 10%

The scroll bar re-appears.

Kindly suggest.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (34,385)