cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Embedded Power Apps app in SharePoint Page displays black cover

Hi Pros,

I created a simple app to get and send data to SharePoint lists. It looks fine if I browse outside SharePoint (on PowerApps mobile app, on PowerApps desktop app, on browser directly through web link, etc.). But, if I embed the app (any app) in a SharePoint Page, a black cover is beign showed. All controls are enabled and I can input text and click on buttons; but I can't see them.

It seems like a screen resolution related issue. I just tested using a 1366 x 768 resolution and this black section appears and seems to be growing as scroll down (like a parallax effect). After that, I tested using a 1920 x 1080 resolution and, as screen don't need scroll-bar and there is no way to scroll down, black cover doesn't appear.

1366 x 768 resolution:

Anotación 2020-06-03 172401.png

1920 x 1080 resolution:

Anotación 2020-06-03 172717.png

It would be great if anyone has resolution.

Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21

Glad to hear using apps.powerapps.com endpoint fixed it for you. 

FYI: We are in the process of deprecating the web.powerapps.com endpoint for playing apps. The embedding documentation describes the change here: https://review.docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/embed-apps-dev?branch=master

Ideally using the SharePoint Power Apps webpart is best. However, it is only supported on the modern pages. 

Rich Dickinson

PM Power Apps

Thanks @kbliff and @richdiMSFT 

I was able to fix everything by changing the embed URL. Everything is back to normal!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (46,545)