Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChanNT
Helper I
Helper I

Embedded Power Apps in Teams is not opening attachments

Dear all,

I would like to know regarding the embedded Power Apps in Teams which is not opening attachments or not showing any notification when I click on the attachments but only going to Download folder.  So, some users cannot know whether those attachments are downloaded or not. 
Actually, is it supposed to be showing notification about you downloaded the attachments or opening the attachments there?
Kindly advise.

I hope somebody can help this question. 🤗
Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChanNT :

Could you tell me:

• Are you using the attachments control in the form control?
  • Do you want to pops up a confirmation dialog  when you click on an attachment within the Attachments control?

If you want to perform other operations when you click on an attachment within the Attachments control, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

The OnSelect property of the Attachments control has been removed within PowerApps recently. I could not also find any online doc mentioned about this updates in Attachments control.

Currently, within PowerApps, if you click an attachment file within the Attachments control, it would download this attachment file into your local default download folder.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

• Yes, I am using the attachments control in the form control.
  • Yes, I want to pops up a confirmation dialog or showing notification or showing the downloaded file in the bottom when I click on an attachment within the Attachments control so that users can know they've downloaded successfully or not.
    Most of the users don't know the downloaded files are directly goes into their local download folder.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @ChanNT :

If the user is downloading an attachment, usually the browser will prompt.

I've made a test for your reference:

12.gif

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

Actually I am trying the embedded Power app in Teams. Pls see my video clip. Nothing is showing when I clicked on attachment.

Playing in web browser is ok and it can prompt when clicking on attached file.

Any suggestion please. 

Thanks

My testing.gif

Hi @ChanNT :

I'm afraid your needs may be temporarily unavailable.

I can only suggest that you submit ideas to the PowerApps Creative Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards,

Bof

I would also like to have this functionality and will also make the request at the ideas location.  If this has been solved since the issue was raised can someone point me to the solution?

frankh
Frequent Visitor

This is bonkers, surely a bug rather than an enhancement? Commenting to track any updates. FYI I believe this is the corresponding idea: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Embedded-attachment-in-Power-Apps-open-in-Teams...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,913)