cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom_garvin
Advocate III
Advocate III

Embedded Power BI tiles - How to interact with slicers? (without going to Power BI service)

I have been successful in embedding several Power BI tiles within my PowerApp. 

As I understand it, the "interaction" options are either (1) go to Power BI Online; or (2) invoke the On Select formula.

And yet, when I use a tile which has slicers (by pinning a report to the dashboard) I can see that clicking initiates behavior on the embedded tile, as it would be when embedded elsewhere. Unfortunately the user is always also sent to the browser, losing most of the value in embedding the tile in the first place.

Is there a way to click inside the embedded tile WITHOUT linking to the PBI service and WITHOUT triggering On Select behavior?

It seems to me this intermediate option would add great value to PowerApps, leveraging the power of Power BI, without redirecting the user, who eventually may say "what's the point of PowerApps if I always end up in Power BI?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for the feedback.

There is a similar thread talking about this:

Embedding Power BI in PowerApps

Currently I can't find a way available to have the Power BI Tile control working with Slicers within PowerApps only.

And what I can suggest is to submit a user request on this topic, through the following site:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for the feedback.

There is a similar thread talking about this:

Embedding Power BI in PowerApps

Currently I can't find a way available to have the Power BI Tile control working with Slicers within PowerApps only.

And what I can suggest is to submit a user request on this topic, through the following site:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (885)