cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xun
Helper I
Helper I

Embedded canvas app how to get the selected lookup field value guid?

The canvas app is embedded on a Case Entity form.

There is a 1:N lookup field called Port, the the parent entity of this relationship is Port.

With the preview version of embedded canvas app I can get the GUID of a the selected value of a 1:N lookup field I could use

First([@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Data).tmit_portName

Since the embedded canvas app became GA, according to the documentations that we should use the ModelDrivenFormIntegration.Item to access all data from the parent entity of the embedded canvas app.

So I use

[@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Port.Port

so Port is the unique identifier on the Port entity.

Sadly [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Port.Port

or Text([@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Port.Port) always returns blank

Eventhough there is no error, and both Port appears in the powerapps intellisense

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Xun ,

Is the Port a LookUp field that you mentioned in your Case Entity?

I found that you have post similar thread within this forum, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Embedded-canvas-app-ModelDrivenForm...

Firstly, please make sure the Port field (LookUp field) of current item in your Case Entity has been populated with proper value from your Port Entity.

On your side, please consider take a try with the following formula to reference the lookup field guid value of the selected record:

LookUp(Case, Case = [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Case).Port.Port

Note: The Case represents the Unique Identifier column in your Case Entity.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Xun ,

Is the Port a LookUp field that you mentioned in your Case Entity?

I found that you have post similar thread within this forum, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Embedded-canvas-app-ModelDrivenForm...

Firstly, please make sure the Port field (LookUp field) of current item in your Case Entity has been populated with proper value from your Port Entity.

On your side, please consider take a try with the following formula to reference the lookup field guid value of the selected record:

LookUp(Case, Case = [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Case).Port.Port

Note: The Case represents the Unique Identifier column in your Case Entity.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi i want to achieve something like this Filter(LookUp(Cases, Case= [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.Case).Notes, 'Is Document')  on list gallery . By giving delegation error for larger sets. Could you please provide inputs on that

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (49,687)