Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Embedded canvas app not updating/refreshing on save in model-driven app

Hi, 

I have a canvas app, which I have embedded in a model-driven app.

It used to update/refresh data in the embedded canvas app when the model-driven app was saved but that is not the case anymore. Now I have refresh the model-driven form using the refresh button in the ribbon or click F5 for the data in the canvas app to update.

Has something changed recently in regard to how embedded canvas apps are refreshed? I made the app several months ago and it has worked fine up until now. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Embedded canvas app not updating/refreshing on save in model-driven app

Hello @NielsL ,

I had the same issue as you have faced here, also asked in community but as per my knowledge there is no fix about this till now.

We need to refresh manually as you have tried, But you can show user a loader screen for that time when data is refreshing so user does not feel that application having glitch or improper behaviour.

Refer this link as I have implemented work around:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Mobile-users-have-to-clear-cache/m-p/255827#M...

Hope this can help you and mark as answer if it helps you.

Thanks,

Milansinh Raj

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@NielsL do you have the embedded canvas app bound to a field? Is the field required or guaranteed to have a value? In our guidelines we recommend that you use a required field that has a value else your embedded canvas app may not get a notification when data is updated/saved.

@rajmilansinh is the problem you describe specific to embedded canvas apps or in general?

Thanks

Anees

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

@anees, I'm using a standard field that is business required so that is not the issue ('Name' on the opportunity entity). The thing is, that this was working fine until a month ago. Whenever the record was saved, the embedded canvas app would update accordingly. 

I have tried recreating the canvas app, but the result is the same. The user has to refresh the model-driven form for the canvas app to update.

@rajmilansinh, I don't think I can use your workaround. My canvas app is only used for visualization. The input happens on the model-driven form - and the result is then displayed in the canvas app. 

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

@anees  I am having problem with canvas app

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@NielsL will DM you to get more details.

@rajmilansinh will report to some other team members here to see if they know what is going on.

Thanks

Anees

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

@anees  Yes please that will be helpful

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@NielsL to circle back, we found the issue and a fix is being worked on. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

-Anees

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,868)