Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Embedding Forms in PowerApp

Hello y'all,

I'n using the input-Forms pro survey, which on my pc, works like a charm.

When i open it on a mobile device however, it just shows a green screen with the message: "Fill-out form".

For a couple of reasons, i would like the form to be filled out within the App instead of using a 'launch()' function.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: Embedding Forms in PowerApp

Sadly, no...

We decided to go with Ipads instead of Android tablets. Did not experience any issues here.

MS Helpdesk said this was 'by design' and that they were not going to make any changes to it.

Regards,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PVosEska ,

Do you want to load a MS Forms Survery within your PowerApps app using "Forms Pro Survery (preview)" control?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

4.jpg

Please check if you have set the DisplayMode property of the "Forms Pro Survery (preview)" control to following:

DisplayMode.View

Also please check if you have specified proper Form survery within the "Select survery" box. Also please check if the version of your PowerApps Mobile App is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, the "Forms Pro Survery (preview)" control is a Premium control, which needs PowerApps Plan 1 license at least to access it. Please make sure you own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least for your account.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Thank you @v-xida-msft,  

I have checked the settings. Displaymode was indeed set to something else (Edit) so i changed that.

SurveyID was ok. The link on the mobile device still redirected me to the right form.

I have 2 account, one user, one admin. I have an PowerApps Plan 2 on my admin account, for monitoring purposes,

But when i open the app on my desktop with my normal account, which just has a O365 E3 license, it still works. Then why not on a mobile device?

I Gave myself a PowerApps Plan 2 trial license to see if that will make any difference.

If that will not work, i will probably revert back to the Launch() function.

Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

So what i tried next:

Gave my normal account a FormsPro trial license, and a PowerApps plan 1 trial license. 

- Created a new Canvas App,

- added the forms Pro control,

- set the displayMode to .View,

- and created a Forms Pro survey instead of a 'basic form'.

When i start the app on my phone (logged in with the account WITH appropriate licenses) i still get just the link.

Forms 'Fill out Form'Forms 'Fill out Form'

Could it be something different than a license problem? i have a lot of users who are going to fill out this form, preferably within the App.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PVosEska ,

Have you taken a try to run your app on different browsers?

Is the PowerApps Mobile App the latest version in your Mobile device?

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned, I think you are using Android device to run your app, have you taken a try to run your app using iOS device? I have made a test on my side using my iOS Mobile device (iOS 13.2, PowerApps Mobile App version: 3.19111.27), and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please check if the version of your Mobile device and PowerApps Mobile App is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider uninstall PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it again, try your app again, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Is the PowerApps Mobile App the latest version in your Mobile device?

I'm working on V3.19111.27. All other devices were on the same version, or updated to that version before testing.

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned, I think you are using Android device to run your app, have you taken a try to run your app using iOS device? I have made a test on my side using my iOS Mobile device (iOS 13.2, PowerApps Mobile App version: 3.19111.27), and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

I also tested this on another device (IOS) and it worked without a problem. That person did not have a FormsPro license, and just an Office365 E3 license (No PowerApps plan1 or 2).

Also please consider uninstall PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it again, try your app again, check if the issue is fixed.

Reïnstalled it on every device EXCEPT the IPhone. Did not make a difference

---

So the problem really seems to be Android! Glad we found a cause, can we also find a workaround?

Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Please don't let this die, i think that there will be a lot of people benefiting from this if we can get it to be fixed

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Did you ever get this to work? Stuck on this one as well 😞

Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Sadly, no...

We decided to go with Ipads instead of Android tablets. Did not experience any issues here.

MS Helpdesk said this was 'by design' and that they were not going to make any changes to it.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,867)