cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding PowerApps within SharePoint

Hi, I'm looking for some advise on embedding PowerApps inside SharePoint. (using office 365 cloud)

I'm currently attempting to publish the web url version of the PowerApps into SharePoint using the the web viewer (iFrame). The loading screen seems to work fine but then everything crashes and I get the following message.

"This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser." (Refreshing doesnt fix anything)

It's frustrating as i've seen a ton of people say that 'You can now embed them straight into SharePoint' but cant find any documentation or examples of it actually working. 

I'm wanting to try PowerApps out as an alternate to InfoPath for some basic user input forms.

Thanks in advance.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Embedding apps (produced by PowerApps) within SharePoint is not currently supported. We are hoping to provide this support in a future release.

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the reply. 

I did manage to get it working via a standard iFrame but obvisually, this isn't true intergrataion. When do you expect the next release to be?

Thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for your interest, however, we have not yet determined the release of this feature.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Chris,

I have been waiting  this release,

is there any improvemenet ?

Thank You,

Highlighted

Sorry for the delay.  This is not available yet but is in the plan.  Sorry I cannot give any ETA.

Highlighted

How soon is "soon"?

PowerApps will be fully integrated into the SharePoint web experience. PowerApps provides a great mobile experience, and now that experience is connected to the data stored in SharePoint lists. Soon you’ll be able to integrate PowerApps as the default in-browser experience for any SharePoint modern list.

source: https://blogs.office.com/2016/10/31/sharepoint-welcomes-powerapps-and-microsoft-flow/

Highlighted

Any Updates on this feature?!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,  I would like to revie this issue rather then create a new post sins there are some new attention to this feature -> new post on the PowerApp Blog:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/embed-powerapps-on-sharepoint-pages/

Here is my issue and Question:
Is this supposed to work with a Script editor on a custom page layout for publishing pages, meaning any page layout other then the new fancy one? It seems like it does work for Edge and Chrome. However in IE 11 it gets a syntax error in:
SCRIPT5022: SyntaxError
WebPlayer.IframeProxy.js (19,21)

I asked on the blog istelf but thought i might be better to bring it up here as i doubt that i am alone in this. This seems like a bug in IE or the WebPlayer.IframeProxy.js?

Highlighted

This is now a supported, please see https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/embed-powerapps-on-sharepoint-pages/

@Anonymous- Thanks for reporting the issue, I was able to repro it and have filed a bug in our system. The issue seems to be happening due to timing issues in IE when the iframe code is being used in the classic SPO. Right now, I cannot suggest any workaround for the issue in IE.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,706)