cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProNewbie
Level: Powered On

Embedding an RTF Control from a Canvas App into a field in Dynamics365 Customer Engagement

Hello, following this "guide" :

https://evolved365.com/2019/05/02/embedding-a-rich-text-controller-to-a-field-using-a-canvas-app/

What I'm trying to achieve is to embed an RTF control into a field in Dynamics, but what i managed to make appear in my field is just the text that gets submitted with a Save button in the Canvas App.

Using this RTF Control I should be able to write and edit a record in Common Data Source, and it works, but from the PowerApps App, not from Dynamics because what I see in the field is just the RTF text and not the control, so I'm missing the interface of this control basically.

To update the record in CMS I use a flow that gets triggered by the "Save" button in PowerApps.

An example of what I receive in my Dynamics field :

<h3><span style="color:#2ecc71"><strong>Hello World</strong></span></h3>

Thanks, ProNewbie
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Embedding an RTF Control from a Canvas App into a field in Dynamics365 Customer Engagement

Hi @ProNewbie ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean the RTF control saves a HTML data into the a Dynamics 365 filed in your D365 CRM Form?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding with the Output of the RTF control. The output of the Rich Text Editor control is a HTML data rather than Plain text. The screenshot as below:3.JPG

If you want to save a plain text into your D365 field rather than a Html data, please consider modify your 'FlowName'.Run(...) formula as below:

'YourFlowName'.Run(.., PlainText(RichTextEditor1.HtmlText));   /* <-- Modify your formula here */
ModelDrivenFormIntegration.SaveForm();
ModelDrivenFormIntegration.RefreshForm(false)

use the PlainText() function to convert the HTML text data into a Plain Text.

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ProNewbie

Re: Embedding an RTF Control from a Canvas App into a field in Dynamics365 Customer Engagement

Hello, and thanks for the reply, in this picture, that's what I get in Dynamics, in the "Description" field,

screen_mr_1.jpg

in this second picture there is the RTF Control in PowerApps, and that's what I need to show in my field on Dynamics.

I mean the entire control, and also the "Save" button which is a couple of pixels below, on the link I posted it does work, but I'm probably missing something in Dynamics I think.

screen_mr_2.jpg

here is the result of the procedure shown at the end of the link :

screen_mr_3.jpg

Thanks, ProNewbie.

ProNewbie

bump

ProNewbie

bump

ProNewbie

bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,338)