cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Employee Phone number missing

I also tried to use your code in the OnSelect section and it produces an error on the ".Value" 

Launch("tel:"&(Office365Users.UserProfile("mbailey@dornier.com").BusinessPhones).Value)

This is the original code:

Launch("tel:"&First(EmployeeProfile).mobilePhone)

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@mbailey218- I think you are missing a First in the formula:

Launch("tel:"&First(Office365Users.UserProfile("mbailey@dornier.com").BusinessPhones).Value)

Highlighted

For other users I used First(Office365Users.UserProfile(ThisItem.Mail).BusinessPhones).Value
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is what worked for me: 

First(Office365Users.UserProfile(First(EmployeeProfile).Mail).BusinessPhones).Value 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

it returns my phone number

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Are you looking at your profile when it returns your number? It returns the correct number for the user profile in my app

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

so what it really turned out to be (this is the org browser after all) is :

First(Office365Users.UserProfile(TextBox1_26).BusinessPhones).Value  (where the textbox is displaying the value of the email address.

Is there a data list browser?  to see what fields are available in the UserProfile object for example?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Iv'e found a number of different ways to return the data i need but i can't get past this error: 

Office365Users.UserProfile failed: The method 'User Profile' has an invalid parameter for 'userId' 

These are just a few that work but still throw the error: 

If(!IsBlank(EmployeeProfile.BusinessPhones), First(Office365Users.UserProfile(TextBox1_26).BusinessPhones).Value)
 First(Office365Users.UserProfile((First(EmployeeProfile).UserPrincipalName)).BusinessPhones).Value)
First(Office365Users.UserProfile(TextBox1_26).BusinessPhones).Value 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

yes.  I'm down to that error as well.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If there is a way to suppress the error that would work as well. The app is working like it needs to now, i just cant roll it out with that error popping up

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,488)