cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Employee Phone number missing

Hi,

In my powerapps I am using office365user as a datasource. I added below code to display user phone extension number but nothing showing whereas if I use .MobilePhone it does show use mobile no. What I am doing wrong? I have tried to use .BusinessPhones but still no luck. I can see user extension no through office365 mail.

Any help will be appreciable.

If(IsBlank(First(Employeeprofile).TelephoneNumber),"-",First(EmployeeProfile).TelephoneNumber)

Thanks

Mohammad

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted

I also tried to use your code in the OnSelect section and it produces an error on the ".Value" 

Launch("tel:"&(Office365Users.UserProfile("mbailey@dornier.com").BusinessPhones).Value)

This is the original code:

Launch("tel:"&First(EmployeeProfile).mobilePhone)

Highlighted

@mbailey218- I think you are missing a First in the formula:

Launch("tel:"&First(Office365Users.UserProfile("mbailey@dornier.com").BusinessPhones).Value)

Highlighted

For other users I used First(Office365Users.UserProfile(ThisItem.Mail).BusinessPhones).Value
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is what worked for me: 

First(Office365Users.UserProfile(First(EmployeeProfile).Mail).BusinessPhones).Value 

Highlighted

it returns my phone number

Highlighted

Are you looking at your profile when it returns your number? It returns the correct number for the user profile in my app

Highlighted

so what it really turned out to be (this is the org browser after all) is :

First(Office365Users.UserProfile(TextBox1_26).BusinessPhones).Value  (where the textbox is displaying the value of the email address.

Is there a data list browser?  to see what fields are available in the UserProfile object for example?

Highlighted

Iv'e found a number of different ways to return the data i need but i can't get past this error: 

Office365Users.UserProfile failed: The method 'User Profile' has an invalid parameter for 'userId' 

These are just a few that work but still throw the error: 

If(!IsBlank(EmployeeProfile.BusinessPhones), First(Office365Users.UserProfile(TextBox1_26).BusinessPhones).Value)
 First(Office365Users.UserProfile((First(EmployeeProfile).UserPrincipalName)).BusinessPhones).Value)
First(Office365Users.UserProfile(TextBox1_26).BusinessPhones).Value 

Highlighted

yes.  I'm down to that error as well.

Highlighted

If there is a way to suppress the error that would work as well. The app is working like it needs to now, i just cant roll it out with that error popping up

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,693)