cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Employee Phone number missing

Hi,

In my powerapps I am using office365user as a datasource. I added below code to display user phone extension number but nothing showing whereas if I use .MobilePhone it does show use mobile no. What I am doing wrong? I have tried to use .BusinessPhones but still no luck. I can see user extension no through office365 mail.

Any help will be appreciable.

If(IsBlank(First(Employeeprofile).TelephoneNumber),"-",First(EmployeeProfile).TelephoneNumber)

Thanks

Mohammad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can you please paste the formula you are using, I was able to get this to work for other users as well.

Here is something you can try:

First(Office365Users.UserProfile("AnotherUser@contoso.com").BusinessPhones).Value

Please replace the anotheruser@contoso.com with the UPN/Email-id of other user in your org. The formula I had pasted earlier was showing the Phone for the current user.

Essentially the phone number will be part of the BusinessPhones, which is like an array, so you need to do First() on it.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
Power Apps
Power Apps

Can you please try:

First(Office365Users.MyProfile().BusinessPhones).Value

Thanks for prompt reply. It works only for mine but when I search other user phone no doesn't change!

Sorry, I am very new in the tools.

Thanks

Can you please paste the formula you are using, I was able to get this to work for other users as well.

Here is something you can try:

First(Office365Users.UserProfile("AnotherUser@contoso.com").BusinessPhones).Value

Please replace the anotheruser@contoso.com with the UPN/Email-id of other user in your org. The formula I had pasted earlier was showing the Phone for the current user.

Essentially the phone number will be part of the BusinessPhones, which is like an array, so you need to do First() on it.

View solution in original post

am I missing something here?  Because "businessphones" does not come up in the property browser.  I get mobilePhone or TelephoneNumber, and both have my mobile phone number.  This is the same for me whether I use EmployeeProfile or Office365Users.UserProfile

Regular Visitor

Hi tcfranks,

This is what I am using to get employee business phone no. Hope this help

Concatenate("(03) 9999 -", First(Office365Users.UserProfile((First(EmployeeProfile).UserPrincipalName)).BusinessPhones).Value)

Regards,

Mohammad

as I said, "BusinessPhones" is not a recognized option to Office365User.UserProfile.  Pasting in what you offered only causes an error in the formula.

@SameerCh@archanan - Any ideas what may be happening here?

@tcfranks- Can you please provide us a Session ID from your authoring session when you are hitting this? You can get the Session Id by going to File> Account > Diagnostics > Session Details

Session ID: 7fc9d3fa-2116-3a62-9cb6-5377bccb55e7

Thanks @tcfranks, we will look into it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,644)