Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Employeee Document Details.

Hi people,

I am building apps tat asks for the employee details like PAN, Addhar and Driving License Etc.

The situation is the employee may only upload 1 document lets say Driving License. After that or some time later he will upload the rest of the Documents. So what I want is . The documents like the above should go and updated in the same record along with the ID Proof type

Data Source: Sharepoint.at1.PNG

Data Source : Sharepoint.

Normally when i make one enrty . I check the other entries with regard to the email.
This is the code for the Add Attachment Button.
Patch(
EmployeeAttachments,

LookUp(
EmployeeAttachments,
PersonalEmail = DataCardValue62.Text
),
{

PersonalEmail: DataCardValue62.Text,
IDProofType: DataCardValue51.Text
},
Form6.Updates
);
c1.PNG

This above image is from my sharepoint. I want this data to get updated in a single record.  After that i want to show the data(ID Proof Type) Seperately  in a gallery or 3 different text boxes.

I want to split the data and show in 3 different places seperatley. Can this be done?

c2.PNG

(* PAN as it is in the SPL).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Employeee Document Details.

Hi @Eben98 ,

Is the 'EmployeeAttachments' a SP list on your side?

Does the Form6 represents the Edit form in your screenshot which contains the Attachments control?

For your first question, do you want the Attachments to be updated within single one record along with the different ID Proof type? According to the needs that you mentioned, when press the "Add Attachment" button, you just want to update the previous submitted record with new Attachment and different ID Proof type, right?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

For your second question, as an alternative solution, you should create another separated SP List to store the Person Email ID, ID Proof type, and only single one Attachment for each record (Just as you mentioned). Each time, you click the "Add Attachment" button, it would add a new record in your 'EmployeeAttachments' List along with the different ID Proof type value, uploaded single one Attachment and common Personal Email Id value.

After that, you could add a Gallery in your Edit form screen, set the Items property to following:

Filter(
       EmployeeAttachments,
)

Add a Label control in this Gallery, set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.IDProofType

Add a Image control in this Gallery, set the Image property to following:

First(ThisItem.Attachments).Value

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eben98 ,

Does the Form6 represents the Edit form in your screenshot which contains the Attachments control?

For your first question, do you want the Attachments to be updated within single one record along with the different ID Proof type? According to the needs that you mentioned, when press the "Add Attachment" button, you just want to update the previous submitted record with new Attachment and different ID Proof type, right?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

For your second question, as an alternative solution, you should create another separated SP List to store the Person Email ID, ID Proof type, and only single one Attachment for each record (Just as you mentioned). Each time, you click the "Add Attachment" button, it would add a new record in your 'EmployeeAttachments' List along with the different ID Proof type value, uploaded single one Attachment and common Personal Email Id value.

After that, you could add a Gallery in your Edit form screen, set the Items property to following:

Filter(
       EmployeeAttachments,
)

Add a Label control in this Gallery, set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.IDProofType

Add a Image control in this Gallery, set the Image property to following:

First(ThisItem.Attachments).Value

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

YES

YES

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eben98 ,

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah, I think I have understood your needs clearly. If you want these attachments to be updated within a single one record along with different ID Proof type value,  I think there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps canvas app currently.

As an alternative solution, please consider take a try with the alternative solution I provided above, it would provide available solution to achieve your needs, please take a try with it.

If the alternative solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify my reply as helpful.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,469)