Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WebPortal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Empty gallery, form and data table

Hello,

I have an Excel table in OneDrive for business.

Created a new app, connected to the file, entered on a new screen:

• A form (view mode)
  • A data table
  • A gallery

Saved the app. Published.

The screen is blank, although the selected fields contain data.

Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@WebPortal 
I think the best thing that can be done at this point is to launch a support ticket.

Click the button at the bottom of this page

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

I'm not personally offended by language:  but I do encourage kids to code in PowerApps so I try to keep it squeaky-clean (perhaps to too high a standard).

As for the PowerApps language, does it have its flaws?  Yes.  But MS is actively working on improving it everyday.  I don't know why your particular case is not working... but I hope someone on the support line can help you to figure it out. 

*** one last idea:  try to create a new app from an excel table and see if the auto-builder can manage to make it work ***

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@WebPortal 
Is the screen blank?  Or is there simply no data showing in your controls?  Screenshot would help in this case.

@mdevaney 

Here are the screens:

Anotação 2020-05-05 122600.jpgAnotação 2020-05-05 1226202.jpg

@WebPortal 
I would begin by taking these actions:

• Save the PowerApps, close, then re-open
  • Refresh the datasource using the left-side menu.
  • Delete the labels, add them back, then use your own labels.

If this does not work please show me a sample of what your Excel sheet looks like.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@mdevaney 

Nope, nothing works, **bleep** this!

I'm afraid I can't show the table, but it is the most boring, normal structure you can imagine.

@WebPortal 
Can you try other columns in the table to see if their they show?

Also, do you have any other Excel spreadsheets in OneDrive that are currently working?

---

Hi @mdevaney 

I have tried with 10 different columns.

With 3 Excel files.

All blank.

@WebPortal 
Hmmmm....  has the Excel + OneDrive connector worked for you in the past or is it the 1st time you've tried it?

---

@mdevaney with this account it is the first time.

I've made a simple 3x3 table in Excel and it still doesn't work...

• The field names are recognized in PowerApps
  • No error message
  • No warning

Why the hell is the gallery empty?

@WebPortal 
I have no clue why its not working.

I'm not a paid MS employee, just a forums member like you.  Please remember to keep the language clean in our forums.  People of all ages including kids read these posts.

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,319)