Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noobi
Helper II
Helper II

Enable App Usage for Standaloneapp

Hello, 

I have a Powerapp which uses some related SP Lists as Backend-Infrastructure.

I would like to know if there is any way to not have to share every Sharepoint list to every user that runs my app by hand. Is there any way to do that or any workaround? (Meaning the user starts the app and becomes "Viewing contributor" in the SP-List)

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @noobi ,
That actually undermines the whole purpose of permission management on your data (you need to decide who accesses it) and to answer your question is not possible. However, if you use Office365 Security Groups, once you add the user to a Group, you can share both the app and lists (site if the lists inherit permissions) with the Group.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @noobi ,
That actually undermines the whole purpose of permission management on your data (you need to decide who accesses it) and to answer your question is not possible. However, if you use Office365 Security Groups, once you add the user to a Group, you can share both the app and lists (site if the lists inherit permissions) with the Group.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Hello Warren,

thank you. I could solve the issue as you described it with a Power Automate Flow.

Do you know if the user is able to start the App, if he has no permissions to the lists whatsoever, but the first thing that happens when he starts the App is a flow which lets him access the Groups that have access to the App?

Best Regards,

Hi @noobi ,

If the app is not shared with the user, then they will not be able to start it. You realise of course that if this was possible, anyone in the organisation with a link to the app simply click on it and access it and and data associated with it.

noobi
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Warren, thank your for the advice. 

I made the necessary changes to my app.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,714)