cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gargoolgala
Level 8

Enable/Disable Save Button based on Changes

Hi,

I thought this would be simple. I want to disable the Save button until a change has been made on the form.  It works fine if I am in a new form but not if I am editing an existing form I load from a gallery selection.

I have a variable set to disabled onvisible of the screen.  I then set the onChange of my controls to Edit which changes the save button to be allowed to be pressed.  As  Isaid this works in a new form.

Problem is that when I load an existing record to the form this is seen as a change and the variable flips over to Edit mode.

I want to load the record and then if I change anything then it should only go into edit mode then.

I thought of using onSelect but this would put it in edit mode even if I changed nothing and just clicked around a few controls.

It is quite frustrating that loading a new record is seen as a change.  

Any ideas on how to get around this?

3 REPLIES 3
Gargoolgala
Level 8

Re: Enable/Disable Save Button based on Changes

Does anyone ahve any ideas on this one? I would ahve thought this to be a common requirement.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gargoolgala,

I'm not quite sure about what you mean by "I want to load the record and then if I change anything then it should only go into edit mode then". Usually, we will have 2 screens for the different mode of Form control. One screen for the view mode of Form, and one screen for edit mode of Form. On the view mode screen, you cannot change any part of form. If you need to change the record, you need to click on a button and navigate to the edit mode screen. 

View mode form:

1.PNG

Edit mode form:

2.PNG

If you didn't change anything in the edit form, even if you click on the save button, nothing will be changed.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Gargoolgala
Level 8

I worked out my issue - I was resetting the form on entry so it was forcing the OnChange event.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,328)