Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diegoandre10
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Enable user to enter free text on combo box from sharepoint list datasource

Hi all

I have my sharepoint list with a column called distribution center, this is a choice variable with "can add values manually" enabled.

Capture01.JPG

How ever, when I use my Power App, I don´t have the possibility to enter free text rather than 'All' option. Even though I write anything in the box and hit save, it won´t store on my SP List. 

DC1.JPG

The app I have is:

csad1.JPG 

How can I make it work?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

The combo box doesn't support that feature of the SharePoint column. Here is a video from @Shanescows that shows a workaround.

PowerApps use Combobox search text to add a dynamic value to SharePoint Choice column 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Jeff_Thorpe hi!

I tried your solution and worked.

diegoandre10_0-1628451521719.png

However I would like to enter values from the combobox choices AND free text. Unfortunately I can only do one of them and not both:

diegoandre10_1-1628451562610.png

diegoandre10_2-1628451589510.png

How can I have both choices and free text?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,042)