cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

Enabling Colors from Site

So I bet we've all had that day where a customer will change color palettes a few times, and have us playing with shades of grey for an hour....argh! Well, I have this idea that I would like to use with all my Power Apps where I save the color in the SharePoint site in a list that the end user can change on demand! (Doesn't that sound enabling!? (smiles)

Here is the list I made (plus I made a connection to "ConfigColor" list in the Power App):

Note: dispite the display you see below for the second column - the internal name is just "RGB"

ColorIdea.PNG

Then I created a Square Shape in my app, and in the Fill property I added this expression which is returning BLACK for some reason). LookUp(ConfigColor, "Tan" in "Title").RGB)

If I type the string in manually into the Fill property it's correctly color - but not via the filter. Can anyone help, is my idea a dud?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hngdev
Level 8

Re: Enabling Colors from Site

oh, I thought you need something to trigger the color change.

In your case, you can do ColorValue(LookUp(ConfigColor, Title = "Tan").Hex)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
hngdev
Level 8

Yes, you can implement that by using ColorValue and Hex value, like this:

PAColorCustom.PNG

And the source

PAColorCustom1.PNG

Hope this helps. 

Link to ColorValuehttps://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-colors/

Also, you can also do that with RGBA: same link as above.

Power Automate Staff

Thank you for your suggestions. However, you're using Excel but I am not permitted to use excel due to concurrent user limitations (we have hundreds of users who will hit these forms concurrently which Excel does not support). Can the same thing be done using SharePoint list as I described?

hngdev
Level 8

Hi,

I believe that the same goes to SharePoint List, just import the list and you're good to go. Also, You don't have to change anything but the datasource and the table names.

Power Automate Staff

I really appreciate your help, here's what I did with result in screen shot (remember I am filling a 'shape' with color, just in case that matters - your screen shot looks like buttons)

1. I changed the Hex column values to include the # before the Hex value.

colorlist.PNG

2. I copied your expression (only replacing the column headers with the ones I have in my list), but it's still coming up black. Error saids: This function can only be used in Action rules. (Is the fill property the wrong property for this?)

color.png

hngdev
Level 8

oh, I thought you need something to trigger the color change.

In your case, you can do ColorValue(LookUp(ConfigColor, Title = "Tan").Hex)

View solution in original post

Power Automate Staff

Bingo! Thanks so much for sharing ColorValue() with me and adjusting to the SharePoint requirement! You rock!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,880)