cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbend088
Frequent Visitor

Enabling a toggle based on if a person column cell is blank or not (for specific record)

Hello power platform community,

I am building a app containing a gallery with projects that are assigned to a specific project ID titled ‘Project_ID’. The gallery datasource links to my ‘projects’ SharePoint list. I also have a person column in my ‘projects’ list titled ‘project_owner’. I have inserted a toggle above the gallery on the app and I want it to be turned on if the ‘project_owner’ cell for the specific record (using the specific project ID pulled from the list) is blank. I tried placing the formula below in the Default property of the toggle, but received the error: Invalid argument type (record). Expecting a Boolean value instead: 

If(LookUp(‘Projects’, ‘project_owner’.Email = Blank()), true, false) 

Does anyone know how this can be solved?

Thanks in advance, 

Jackson 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Digital
Super User
Super User

Are you able to lookup the SharePoint record using the project ID? Then return the project owner for that record and check if blank? If so, try this in the default property of your toggle. 

IsBlank(LookUp(‘Projects’, ‘Project_ID’ = [TheProjectID],'project_owner'.Email))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Digital
Super User
Super User

Are you able to lookup the SharePoint record using the project ID? Then return the project owner for that record and check if blank? If so, try this in the default property of your toggle. 

IsBlank(LookUp(‘Projects’, ‘Project_ID’ = [TheProjectID],'project_owner'.Email))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,548)