Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Encountered an internal error when trying to evaluate this expression

I have a SharePoint List.

I have two Choice columns in that list configured the same, but different values.

In Power Apps I am trying to lookup a record and return the values in those columns.

One works the other does not and just says "Encountered an internal error when trying to evaluate this expression " but it does not give any errors in the expression? And the Expression should work exactly like the other...

I have changed things around a ton but I cannot get this one column to return a value??

See below

SP List

Screenshot 2020-11-10 142358.png

Column Settings:

Screenshot 2020-11-10 142235.pngScreenshot 2020-11-10 142250.png

Formula in Power Apps on Start

Screenshot 2020-11-10 142220.png

The CorporateorField.Value returns a value correctly but the Role to sponsor for shows this when I click on the formula:

sshot-350.png

This is driving me crazy, should be exactly the same pulling from both? What would be different?

Thanks,

Terry

1 REPLY 1
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So I figured it out, 

Turns out with my testing I had created two items in the list where Person to sponsor column was the same and both had the same answer for the corporateorfield column and only one (the newer one) had a value selected for the role to sponsor for column... thus the code above, was working, it just was returning a different record that I didn't know about, so looked wrong.

Once I remove the older item then everything worked.

I can see a case though where we have the same person elected for more than one sponsorships... the way I am working around this, which seems to work is sorting the list by modified date.

In this case

Set(
    IGRole,
    LookUp(
        Sort(Sponsor_1,Modified,Descending),
        'Person to Sponsor'.DisplayName = Office365Users.UserProfileV2(User().Email).displayName,
        'Role to Sponsor For'.Value
    )
)

My question is, is this the best way to go about this?

Thanks,

Terry

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,635)