cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

End users receiving "Sign-in required" prompts when accessing Power Apps Canvas App through Internet Explorer

Most of our users are using IE11 and they are prompted with "Sign-in required" prompts whenever they are accessing the canvas app for the 1st time. Though adding *.powerapps.com to IE trusted sites is solving the issue, i dont think this is user friendly as most of end users non-tech and we cant send this solution to 100s of users . While other browsers dont have this issue. How do we bypass this authentication prompt for all end users?

RameshMukka_0-1596203736739.png

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: End users receiving "Sign-in required" prompts when accessing Power Apps Canvas App through Internet Explorer

@RameshMukka ,

A user needs to authenticate with O365 to determine their capacity (licence) to run the app. This is the same as logging into Power Automate or SharePoint. It is not something you can by-pass, however the user has the option of remaining logged in, which means that closing a browser does not log them out.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: End users receiving "Sign-in required" prompts when accessing Power Apps Canvas App through Internet Explorer

Hi @RameshMukka ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@WarrenBelz Is IE browsers recommended for Power Apps at all? Why should we add *.powerapps.com to IE trusted sites to get away with"Sign-in required" prompt? We dont want to change the group policy just for the sake of this. What do you recommend?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@RameshMukka ,

My understanding is that they need to be logged into O365 at some point. I have users in the hundreds and they simply log in - I have never had and questions or confusion from anyone. I have not really got a solution other than this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,333)