cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guyt

Endless loop of sign in into PowerApps on iOS (Safari browser)

Hello,

On iOS 14 Apple changed the default privacy policy for third-party apps.

Once trying to access to Power Apps from a link with an iPhone (using Safari browser) it starts an endless loop of sign in into PowerApps (see attached).

Theres 2 solutions:

1. Download the Power Apps app (from App Store),then you will be able to view and sign-on to Power Apps.
  2. Users will have to change the new privacy policy for third-party apps (not something that everyone will want to do)

The problem is that we used to publish a link to wide distribution and now iphone users can't access the link. 

Why third party cookies is necessary for the authentication of power app when you want to login from Safari?

Can this issue be resolved some how?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Guyt ,

We use iPads extensively, so I will share some of our experience that may assist you. Firstly, running Power Apps in Safari has never been anything of a success and we simply use the app. However two things regarding your comments on links: -

• Once you share the app, it will come up in the user's apps and they do not need a link.
  • If you have to send a link, replace

in the app link and it will "force launch" it in the app instead of the browser. This works well in deep-linking as well.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

timl
Super User III
Super User III

That's a really good tip @WarrenBelz about specifying an ms-apps link to force launch it in the app!

Hi @WarrenBelz,

Thanks for the quick answer!

Unfortunately I don't think it is helping me...

There are many users that receive this email, not all have a company mobile phone (if we had iphones for everyone I would download the app already for everyone). Most of the users use their own personal mobile phone so it's unlikely they will download the Power Apps app just for this issue...

Users want to use the browser and I need a solution for that.

Thanks!

@Guyt ,

I am trying to give you three years of experience here on over 100 iPads and quite a number private IOS and Android devices. Web browser application of Power Apps on mobile devices (Safari, Chrome) simply does not deliver the required result when you manage to get it working at all (freezing, crashing etc).

I am wondering why you believe users will not download the app - we have had almost universal participation from users who do not have company devices (although it does provides useful information for them).

I might add in closing you have a bit of a conundrum - Apple has caused this and the only way to fix it at all is to change their privacy settings - Microsoft authentication is what it is for this and other good reasons.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Serintes
Frequent Visitor

Hi

i have the same issue when opening the link with iOS its asking to authenticate multiple times. 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (965)