cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcloudspoadmin
Frequent Visitor

Enhanced rich text with SharePoint list form

I am trying to custamized sharepoint list form (PowerApp form). I have enhanced rich text fied create in the SharePoint List. I have below experience without doing custamization to form.

Capture1.PNG

When click on edit button with open up pop up to add my enrich text like below 

Capture2.PNG

But when I custamize the form even though I am not touching it I am loosing above enhanced richtext field experince. 

Can anyone suggest I can get that back with custamized form.

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Enhanced rich text with SharePoint list form

hI @bcloudspoadmin 

When you customize the form using PowerApps

You will have to go to the form control in the App

Then select the Form

Go to edit fields

Select the filed associated with rich text and then change the control type to rich text

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @bcloudspoadmin 

In your customized Form PowerApp, select the Form control, 

Under properties click on edit fields,

then select the rich text field and change the control type to rich text

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bcloudspoadmin ,

Do you want to edit your NewEnrich field in "Enhanced rich text" experience rather than normal text input box?

I have made a test on my side, please check the following GIF screenshot:Test.gif

On your side, please edit your custom form app, then select your Edit form, click "Edit fields" option. Within the Pop-up Fileds panel, click the "NewEnrich" field, change the Control Type to "Edit rich text" option. After that, you could use the "Rich text editor" control to your edit your "NewEnrich" field vlaue.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bcloudspoadmin
Frequent Visitor

With this I will not be able to add documetnts/images which I can with OOB powerapp when field is EnrichText.

As explained in the question.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bcloudspoadmin ,

Do you want to attach a file to the Multi-line text type filed within your PowerApps app?

If you want to attach a file to the Multi-line text type filed within your PowerApps app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs currently.

If you want to attach a file to current record, I think the Attachments functionality in SP List could achieve your needs. You could consider enable the Attachments field in your Edit form, then you could use the Attachments control to upload files to current record.

More details about the Attachments functionality, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/add-attachments-to-sharepoint-lists/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,286)