Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeroen_Tijsen
Microsoft
Microsoft

Enrypting sharepoint list content from Powerapps

Hi all,

I have been building PowerApps to support our onsite training and have made a really cool examination screen. The problem is that i use sharepoint lists and want to make sure nobody can look into these lists, as they are easy to be found. I have managed to close off these lists with sharepoint permissions, but now only an owner can view and write away examresults. This is not ideal.

I was wondering if i can let owners inside the app prep an exam, and somehow encrypt it to a public list. The exam is made available to the candidate and he/she can edit the content.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
krishnags
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Jeroen_Tijsen there is no direct way to accomplish this. As per my understanding, you may need to have a flag in SP list along with the trainee lookup and pul the data and shoe it to the trainees using a nested flow concept. On AppStart you can show if a training is valid to show for a trainee you can show respective training information and same way while writing back use approach (capture trainee details and update back in SP)

Refer this for details https://mspowerassist.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-create-nested-flow-power.html

ensure the operations in Child flow are performed using a service account which has access on SP list.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
krishnags
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Jeroen_Tijsen there is no direct way to accomplish this. As per my understanding, you may need to have a flag in SP list along with the trainee lookup and pul the data and shoe it to the trainees using a nested flow concept. On AppStart you can show if a training is valid to show for a trainee you can show respective training information and same way while writing back use approach (capture trainee details and update back in SP)

Refer this for details https://mspowerassist.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-create-nested-flow-power.html

ensure the operations in Child flow are performed using a service account which has access on SP list.

Thank you very much, this looks very promising!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,227)