cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PadminiDeshudu3
Level: Powered On

Enter item manually to PowerApps Dropdown column as a choice value

I have a SharePoint list have a choice column is "Company".For "Company" choice column I have enable "Allow 'Fill-in' choices". I have also added a "Other" option in a "Company" choice field in SharePoint. Now I have open "Edit Form control" and display a  NewForm of SharePoint list data source. I have added a text input box control in the PowerApps form and set below to "Company" choice field.

Pic4.png

I have set the visibility propety of text box control to below. When the Company choice column other value will selecet the text box will appear otherwise hide.

pic5.png

Data Card Update propety wrote below rule.

Untitled.png

So when user select the Other choice value from the "Company" choice value then  the text box will appear. User can enter value in the text box manually. So it is working fine it is successfully save to SP list. When second time user will open the newform in the PowerApps and click on the "Company" choice column dropdown we will get the manully entered value before as a choice value.

But my query is I donot want to select the other from company choice column. I want user should type new choice value inside the dropdown column. And the value will save to SharePoint list. When I will open second time I should get the manually enter value as a choice value in the Choice field. Is it possible??

I didnot get any solution so I have tried the other option and text box control. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Enter item manually to PowerApps Dropdown column as a choice value

Hi @PadminiDeshudu3 

Can you try to use the below expression on the Update property of the Company DataCard as:
If(DataCardValue3.SearchText in Choices('Sp List'.Company).Value, DataCardValue3.Selected, {Value: DataCardValue3.SearchText})

Please update the highlighted part with SPListName.ColumnName

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @PadminiDeshudu3 

Can you try to use the below expression on the Update property of the Company DataCard as:
If(DataCardValue3.SearchText in Choices('Sp List'.Company).Value, DataCardValue3.Selected, {Value: DataCardValue3.SearchText})

Please update the highlighted part with SPListName.ColumnName

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

PadminiDeshudu3

hello 

Amaga

I was happy to find this solution. It also solved my question!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,537)