Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manish94
Helper III
Helper III

Enter text Manually as well in Dropdown

Hi,

I have created a form where I have Dropdown which is linked with each other and have a seperate sharepoint list just for Representative name and Number. When clicked on particular Name, the phone no. will be automatically selected from that sharepoint list. Now I want to enter text and phone no. manually as well. The flow is for word template.

Rep Number Properties:

Items: Filter ('Rep name and number' , RepName=Dropdown.selectedtext.value)

Rep Number DATA CARD - Update property -

repnameValue.Selected.'Mobile Number'

Screenshot 2021-07-05 124243.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @manish94 ,

OK... I found after submitting the search text would be cleared from the combo box. So, we need to set some variables to store the search texts:

OnSelect of the submit button:

Set(varRepName, Combobox2.SearchText);
Set(varNumber, Combobox1.SearchText);
SubmitForm(Form)

OnSuccess of the Form:

If(
   !IsBlank(varRepName) &&
    IsBlank(
           LookUp(
                  SPlist,
                  Name = NameCombobox.SearchText
           )
   ),
   Patch(
         SPlist,
         Defaults(SPlist),
         {
          Title: varRepName,
          Number: varNumber
         }
   )
)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manish94 ,

If these two are Combo boxes, you could try and use the search text as the typed in strings to update to the data source:

Update of Name data card:

If(
   IsBlank(NameCombobox.Selected),
   NameCombobox.SearcText,
   NameCombobox.Selected.Value
)

Update of Number data card:

If(
   IsBlank(NumberCombobox.Selected),
   NumberCombobox.SearcText,
   NumberCombobox.Selected.Value
)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi @v-jefferni ,

Both the field is Dropdown field. Is there any option for this one?

Thank you

Hi @manish94 ,

If they are dropdowns, there is no way to type in any texts for them. You will need separate Text input box to let users type in, but this may cause conflicts when update to data source if a dropdown item has been selected and texts have been typed in the text input at the same time. So you will need to set strict conditions to help the App judge which should be updated.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi @v-jefferni ,

So in Items property of the Rep Number i have: Filter('Ascent Rep Name and Number', ascentRepName=Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value). How can I change to combobox if I change both the dropdown to combobox option.

Hi @manish94 ,

You could add combo box in each data cards the copy and paste Items formulas. The two kinds of controls are basically the same.

Best regards,

manish94
Helper III
Helper III

@v-jefferniI added the Combo box but when I click on Representative Name it doesn't sync with the Phone no. I created the Items manually for both Name and Number. is there a way we can link both input if a particular name is selected the particular phone no be automatically selected.

Hi @manish94 ,

If you would like to make Combo boxes auto select an item from the data source, you will need to set the DefaultSelectedItems property.

On your end, Number combo box DefaultSelectedItems  set to:

NameCombobox.Selected

OR vice versa. 

But you need to note that you will not be able to let the Number combo box reference to Name combo box again since this is so called circular reference. If you do so, you will receive an error message as follows:

vjefferni_0-1625479851094.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

I Tried to do that but it seems there is some kind of issue.

The sharepoint list I created has Name and Number only.

The porperties of my Rep Num:

Items: 'Ascent Rep Name and Number'.'Mobile Number'

DefaultSelectedItems: RepnameCombobox.Selected

UPDATE: If(IsBlank(RepnameCombobox.Selected),RepnameCombobox.SearchText,RepnameCombobox.Selected.'Mobile Number')

And :

Properties of Repname is

Items: 'Ascent Rep Name and Number'.ascentRepName

update: If(IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected),Dropdown1.SearchText,Dropdown1.Selected.ascentRepName)

The issue is when I click the RepName it doesn't show anything in the Mobile no. field.

phone no. .png

Hi @manish94 ,

Try and use the list name as the Items property: 'Ascent Rep Name and Number' , then you could select the display field and search field:

vjefferni_0-1625535633540.png

So the thing is you need to make the Items property of the two Combo boxes totally the same, then it would be easy enough to make the Number combo box auto select the same item as the Name combo box selected. Otherwise you will need the LookUp function to go to the list data source to find the same item.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,168)