cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJ1994
Frequent Visitor

Entering Data Via A Form

Hi I'm trying to create an APP where there is a screen with a form to add new records to sharepoint lists which I'm using as the backend.

Essentially, I have a main menu with an 'add' button which leads to a screen asking what you would like to 'add' eg. 'contact' 'organisation' etc. Each of these buttons then takes through to a form linked to a sharepoint list, with defaultmode.new so its a blank form that allows new data entry. Then a submit button, which goes to a success screen with a 2 second timer to auto return to the main menu screen. 

Main Menu > Add Screen > Form > Success Screen > Main Menu

I'm having difficulty though. One of my screens, the 'organisation screen' brings up a new form each time I click on the 'add organisation button' which is all good.

However, I ran the 'add contact' and 'add communication' screens and they worked the first cycle but when I came back, it was just 'no item to display'.

Pictures attached.

They're all set to defaultmode formmode.new

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mchrzanowski
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

Try changing DefaultMode to Edit and leaving the Item property blank. Should do the work. If data stays after submit, you can reset form in his OnSuccsess() property.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mchrzanowski
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

Try changing DefaultMode to Edit and leaving the Item property blank. Should do the work. If data stays after submit, you can reset form in his OnSuccsess() property.

View solution in original post

JJ1994
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I also got it to work by setting the ‘add new’ button that leads me to the form to pull up a new form when I click it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,420)