Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colbyc
Helper IV
Helper IV

Entering multi-select person field

Hello,

I have a power app form on my sharepoint list and I am trying to change a Person/Group field from single select to allow multiple selections, but when I do so that creates an error on the form. The error is "the property on this form expects record values, the rule produces table values which are incompatible". Any quick fixes for this?

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@colbyc 

Have you changed the underlying column in your list to allow multiple selections?

You will need to delete that field from your form and then add it back in for PowerApps to recognize it.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hey @RandyHayes ,

I've changed the option to allow for multiple selections in both List Settings in sharepoint, deleted the data card, refreshed the list, and readded the card and the error is still there. Any ideas? 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@colbyc 

What is the formula in the Update property of the datacard?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @colbyc ,

I suggest you delete your form and re-add it .

If you already have a form before and you modify the attributes of the column in list now, the form will not be synchronized with the column. This may cause some problems.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,295)