Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charles-v-D
Helper V
Helper V

Entries in SharePoint via PowerApps NOT STORED at all

Hi All,

I have a share-point list on which I have build an Power-app as the form entry mechanism. The power-app works fine when we make a new entry in the list, BUT when we edit an existing item, the changed values are quite often NOT STORED!

I "feel" that this might be an problem of validation as often when we instruct users to move to next filed before saving it saves most times... Are there any tips/tricks/best-practises on how to improve the behaviour of my power-app?

Any feedback is welcome!

Regards

Charles

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Charles-v-D ,

How do users move to next field without saving?

Without seeing your form, any navigation controls should be disabled when a form is in Edit mode and the user should only have two choices, save (SubmitForm or Patch) or cancel (ResetForm), then be shown the navigation to another record.

@WarrenBelz Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure what to make of your answer. When you create an Powerapp as alternative form for a sharepoint list (list settings - form settings - Use a custom for created in Powerapps) then the powerapp does not get native edit/save buttons but it runs in some kind of container where the sharepoint save/edit buttons are on top...

So nowhere in my Powerapp I have to take care of code to generate save/edit behavoir.....

What I'm looking for is how to ensure that a field that is edited in the powerapp is also saved. When I instruct my people to always select an other field after changing an value (with mouse or tab) the save behavoir seems to work fine... therfore my "hunch" is that it has to do something with the "validation" of a field... but I'm not sure.....

Any ideas?

Regards

Charles

Hi @Charles-v-D ,

The SharePoint form is actually the same as a standalone except the buttons are in the SharePointIntegration OnSave, OnView, OnEdit and OnNew properties.

They are no different to troubleshoot, but having said that, they normally work "out of the box".

If you keep having issues, you can delete this one in the SharePoint Form settings and generate a new one.

Please click and accept as Solution if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,930)