cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage22
Helper I
Helper I

Entry form

Hi, I need help or advice on the best  implementation from a UI standpoint  to create an entry form.

the user will be entering data in two numerical fields for different categories each month. Some what an excel like experience is needed that is editable. The table will have different categories sub categories and data that correspond to each category and subcategory. Also need to have the ability to update categories or add new categories. Currently the data source is excel. There should be a month and year input  to specify the entry inputs and these will be columns in the database. Also they should be able to filter by category month and year in the view mode 

1 REPLY 1
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sage22

Do you want to created an editable table and update it in PowerApps?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Actually, you could achieve this using a blank gallery. Besides, I suggest that you should create an ID column as the primary key if there is not a unique column existing in your excel table.

Here is a detailed newbie-friendly video to teach you how you create an edit grid in powerapps:

PowerApps: Quick Edit for Data Grids - YouTube

Hope it could help you at some degree.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,873)