Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
antonyS
Level: Powered On

Environment Advice needed

Hi All,

I need an advice on which environment I should use. Our company just started to look at PowerApps Portal, and I am making a kind of proof of concept of it. So currently the Portal is sitting on my Trial environment, and that environment will expire in a few days.

I consult with microsoft and they say Portals doesn't have (yet) an export capabilities, so sitting on expiring Environment is a problem for us. I know PowerApps have a production environment, but we feel bit weird for a proof of concept sitting in a production environment.

My question is:

Should I go with buying a production environment or should I try to make an Sandbox instances in Dynamics 365 and create my portal in there?

My licence is Office 365 E3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Environment Advice needed

If your license is Office 365 E3 then you won't be able to make a Dynamics 365 sandbox. You could make another Trial environment in your main tenant, but that would also expire in 30 days. A production environment is the only kind of environment for a PowerApps Portal at this point which won't expire. Depending on your licensing you may or may not be able to make another Production environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If your license is Office 365 E3 then you won't be able to make a Dynamics 365 sandbox. You could make another Trial environment in your main tenant, but that would also expire in 30 days. A production environment is the only kind of environment for a PowerApps Portal at this point which won't expire. Depending on your licensing you may or may not be able to make another Production environment.

View solution in original post

antonyS

Thanks for your reply,

My Manager have a dynamics 365 license (we have 1 sandbox and 1 production environment that currently in use) so he could make a sandbox instances. The current thing that I'm confuse is just which environment worth more, Dynamics 365 Sandbox or PowerApps Production?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

But if all you have is an E3 license then you wouldn't be licensed to use the sandbox environment created by your manager.  And I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "worth more".

antonyS

Sorry I'm completely forgot about that, I guess production environment would be the best environment to use in my scenario then. Thanks for replying

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,375)