Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Environment permissions - User

Hi All,

This one has got me perplexed at the moment - I will briefly set out the scenario: -

• I have two environments - the company Default and another created to transition a team on to.
  • The Power Apps are identical in both as are (obviously) the SharePoint Lists they are connected to.
  • I have linked the Environment to a Security Group and all relevant users are in this Group.
  • All users are also included in the Users list with roles of Basic User.

I have one user who cannot open any app in the new environment without getting the message below - he can open and operate (he has for some time) any app in the Default Environment. Other users have no problems opening apps in the new environment.

WarrenBelz_0-1654053338617.png

I have checked his profile in the Environment and he is enabled

WarrenBelz_1-1654053403643.png

I have even tried giving him System Administrator, but he still gets the message. Has anyone seem something like this before ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @timl ,

It was actually licensing when we finally got to the bottom of it - it is a large company and this is taken care of in another division and it took a while to get the right person. What was totally confusing was the fact that the user had been operating that way for over 4 months using a number of apps perfectly - it was just when this one was shared, the issues started. Microsoft cannot explain that one either - we have had licencing issues in the past which always resulted in the user not being able to do anything.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
timl
Super User
Super User

@WarrenBelz 

Yes, this is perplexing, particularly if the nature of your apps are SharePoint based and require no more than a M365 license. I'd be tempted to raise a support ticket for this.

Some further things you could check are:

• In the new environment, could the user have created solutions, model driven apps, portal apps, environment variables, or any object that would necesitate a DV license?
  • Could the user have installed/logged onto a on-premise gateway (perhaps whilst using PowerBI), which would then elevate the licensing requirment?
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Update

I raised an MS Support ticket and this may be a licensing issue - bizarre as he can access a number of apps perfectly including identical apps across two environments (one accessed, the other needs a licence), but seemingly random apps get rejected, while others work.  I will update and close when the full result is known.

Hi @timl ,

It was actually licensing when we finally got to the bottom of it - it is a large company and this is taken care of in another division and it took a while to get the right person. What was totally confusing was the fact that the user had been operating that way for over 4 months using a number of apps perfectly - it was just when this one was shared, the issues started. Microsoft cannot explain that one either - we have had licencing issues in the past which always resulted in the user not being able to do anything.

timl
Super User
Super User

Thanks for the update @WarrenBelz - these unexplained things are frustrating but I'm glad you got to the bottom of it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,730)