cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterRA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Environment variable does not return current value for some users

I have a canvas app that is inside a solution and I needed to set some configuration values, which I create two environment variables, one of type "Yes/No" and the other of type string, in the canvas app for the source of data I included "Environment variable definitions" and "Environment variable values", I use the LookUp function to extract the value through the "Schema name" and that is how the first variable works well and returns the value that I modified in the current value, but the The second variable does not return anything, but exclusively for some users who use the app in "Play" mode, but as a developer, it is displayed, but I do not understand why it does not return anything for the other users.

I didn't define a default value for this second variable, it remains blank but I don't think it's because of this, so I don't know why it returns the current value for me but not for other users; I want to mention that I had a fellow developer open the canvas app in edit mode to see if the same thing happened to him as the other users and it turns out that he does not return the current value of that environment variable either.

By the way, not only does it return to me, it also returns to my boss that he is the owner of the canvas app, I am a co-owner and the canvas app has version control activated to work collaboratively; On the other hand, I was the one who created both the "Yes/No" environment variable and the String, only the String doesn't work.

3 REPLIES 3
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Check the security roles assigned to the users who are not getting the current value.

Make sure they have permission to read from the "Environment Variable Definition" and "Environment Variable Value" tables, at organisation level 

I understand but the thing is that users do have those permissions since the first environment variable that I create works but the second doesn't load data and I don't understand why that happens

SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I would suggest raising a ticket to Microsoft, if you are sure that they have permissions to view, and based on what your are saying - this sounds like a bug to me 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,370)