cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Equation for Sharepoint Search function

Just had a quick question about the Sharepoint search function. When I connect an app with Excel there is this search function: SortByColumns(Search(Table1, TextSearchBox1.Text, "Names",,"Names", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))  This function allows me to add as much search information as I need. So far I have Names as the only one, but I know I can keep adding more which is great. 

Now when I add a data sourse through SharePoint I have to use an equation simular to this one: 

SortByColumns(
Filter(SharePointList, StartsWith(Names, TextSearchBox1.Text)),
"Names",
If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

When I want to keep adding more search functions it does not work, is there a way to be able to add more search options like with the excel data equation? When I try adding more it just turns this into an error. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equation for Sharepoint Search function

Hi Shawn,

I know the post is a littlbe bit older, but anyways. I had a similiar issue and it took me quite some time to figure out how to handle it. There's some kind of difference to the excel, but at the end, I found the solution:

SortByColumns(Search('sharepointlist';TextSearchBox1.Text;"columnA";"columnB";"columnC");"columnA";If(SortDescending1;Descending;Ascending))

The part with the if you don't need as I have the sorting button on my form. I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Florian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShawnLJ,

To achieve this, you also need to use Search function in sharepoint list instead of filter. For your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-filter-lookup/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shawn,

I know the post is a littlbe bit older, but anyways. I had a similiar issue and it took me quite some time to figure out how to handle it. There's some kind of difference to the excel, but at the end, I found the solution:

SortByColumns(Search('sharepointlist';TextSearchBox1.Text;"columnA";"columnB";"columnC");"columnA";If(SortDescending1;Descending;Ascending))

The part with the if you don't need as I have the sorting button on my form. I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Florian

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,309)