cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Equipment Calendar Check-Out App

My users want to start booking their vehicles and GPS equipment using Exchange's equipment calendars. Most of the functionality they are looking for is built into Exchange, however, manipulating the calendar views and locating available equipment can be a little more burdensome than they'd like. I thought it'd be a fine opportunity to use PowerApps to create a simple booking App akin to the one provided in the Book A Room template. However, I'm running into an issue where the Equipment Calendars cannot be grabbed with a similar Office365.GetRoomsInRoomList action. I see that there have been only a small amount of people who have requested this on uservoice, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope that this is on the dev list.

Would there be some way that I could configure a connector that would pull this information, perhaps based on a distribution group that contained all the equipment calendars?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Equipment Calendar Check-Out App

Hi @AdamD,

Apologies in that case. 🙂

So in essence we can see Exchange as the mail server, and Outlook as the mail client, which in the backed connects to an Exchange server.

With this in mind, I believe you can achieve your end results by using the Office 365 Outlook connector, which has many actions you can use to retrieve rooms and calendars. In this case when using the connector you would simply need to use your exchange account as the connection, so the connector will be able to retrieve the data from the exchange server.

If you already tried this and it does not work, another workaround you could try would be the following:

1- Register an App in Azure Active Directory (AAD) and give it delegated (if the request requires auth) or application (if the request is done through non-impersonated request) permissions over the Exchange Online or GRAPH API Calendar resource.

2-Create an App secret

3-If you gave the app delegated permissions, then your best method would be a custom connector where you can configure the connector security to use AAD identity provider with the app ID and secret you've created. 

If you choose the other option, you could use an HTTP action to send a request leveraging the application permissions. In this situation the request is not authenticated, and the authorization is done by using the client id and the secret embedded directly in the HTTP request settings.

I hope this information was useful to you!

Regards,
Ricardo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @AdamD

Currently there is no available connectors for Exchange data connection as per our official connector documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/ 

There is an idea available in our Forum for his that you could upvote https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Connector-to-Exchange/idi-p/46860.

In terms of connecting to Exchange I believe you could attempt at creating a custom connector to wrap around Exchange API.

However, my suggestion would be to instead try and connect your exchange account with Microsoft Outlook, in order to make your calender's available in Outlook. This way you would be able to access the using the Outlook connector

You have an article regarding this that could be helpful here.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

I'm sorry, to be more specific I'm talking about an Exchange Online environment, not Exchange On-Prem.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @AdamD,

Apologies in that case. 🙂

So in essence we can see Exchange as the mail server, and Outlook as the mail client, which in the backed connects to an Exchange server.

With this in mind, I believe you can achieve your end results by using the Office 365 Outlook connector, which has many actions you can use to retrieve rooms and calendars. In this case when using the connector you would simply need to use your exchange account as the connection, so the connector will be able to retrieve the data from the exchange server.

If you already tried this and it does not work, another workaround you could try would be the following:

1- Register an App in Azure Active Directory (AAD) and give it delegated (if the request requires auth) or application (if the request is done through non-impersonated request) permissions over the Exchange Online or GRAPH API Calendar resource.

2-Create an App secret

3-If you gave the app delegated permissions, then your best method would be a custom connector where you can configure the connector security to use AAD identity provider with the app ID and secret you've created. 

If you choose the other option, you could use an HTTP action to send a request leveraging the application permissions. In this situation the request is not authenticated, and the authorization is done by using the client id and the secret embedded directly in the HTTP request settings.

I hope this information was useful to you!

Regards,
Ricardo

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,612)