Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWileyRRT
Helper IV
Helper IV

Equipment Reservation and Checkout

Hello,

I am relatively new to PowerApps and have attended the App-In-A-Day workshop and made a few basic apps for data entry.

I am looking to make a Equipment Reservation and Check-out/Check-in system. I have found examples for submitting reservations and some for checkout but have yet to find examples for both. I was hoping to do something similar to the App-In-A-Day example which covers a equipment purchase example.

Criteria:

• Equipment List - Likely using SPList - Each device has specific barcode/ID but we have multiples of some equipment - Maybe using quantity feature? Still need to log which equipment ID is checked out
  • Reservation List - Likely using separate SPList
  • Customer Facing Reservation App - Should show equipment available during timeframe requested
  • Operations Facing Process App - Used to approve/deny, view reservation, check-in and check-out reserved equipment

Outline:

1. Customer submits request 
  2. Request goes for approval
  3. Once approved, the equipment is put on reservation list, likely tied to SPList calendar which would help show if the equipment is already reserved at that time for other requesters?
  4. Customer arrives and operations team confirms checkout
  5. Customer returns device - Likely using barcode feature in PowerApps mobile app to quickly scan barcode tag to find reservation and check back in?

I've done alot of research but as mentioned, kind find a template or clear example on how to integrate both reservation and checkout. If anyone can at least help point me in the right direction, that would be helpful of a template or outlined example showing the configuration, that would be great.

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@CWileyRRT 

A Video Called "Desk Reservation" Template was uploaded by @aprildunnam recently.  It shows how to do check-in and check-out for a desk reservation system.  You could adapt this idea to equipment:

Link To Video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zroxwXpVhHI

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Thanks, I saved that video as a resource just prior to posting my topic. It laid out the reservation piece but doesn't look like it incorporates any approval process when I skimmed through it. I am sure I will be using a few of these elements in the final product.

@CWileyRRT 
No video is going to show you how to do "everything".  You need to get directions from several places. Here's how to build an approvals process.

Link to Approvals video by @Shanescows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49O284deOAI

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,273)