cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Error: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server

Hi all

I have a big problem with many if not all of my apps on a tenant. 

Now I then I get the error below:

TurboTape_0-1610617911941.png
(A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server)

This happens on many different functions / buttons etc. Some buttons only do a very simple Patch() and other more complicated stuff. . I cant find a common cause other that it happens on several apps on same tenant. I also have same apps on another tenant, and there I never get this error. 

Also, sometimes it seems like the app using a lot of time trying to run function, but it manage. Other time The function takes a lot of time, no error, but it hasnt done what it suppose to do. 

I hope someone can point me where to start looking or better, have a solution for this. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Best regards

Tommy

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure why no one else responded but here is my thought.

1) do some testing on your network and connections.

2) is this mobile or desktop and then how many hopes to the server, etc...

3) make sure your system is all up to date on office and windows and drives (vital Network device drivers.\) with many people at home also check to make sure your switches and or Hubs are all updated.

4) what part of the world are you in? 

I will send you my personal contact to get a teams session if needed to help.

jay

Hi Jay and thanks for reply. 

I guess this is not a very common problem as I also could not find anything useful while googleing. 

Regarding your questions. 1-3: We are a total of 8 people having this problem in  about 10 different locations (networks) with same result. We are working on other tenants from same locations where this error is not occuring. We are working both from home and from the company everyone with windows 10. 

We are located in Norway. 

Please note that the apps on the "problem" tenant is imported from another one where it was first developed. Could this be the cause?

Best regards 

Tommy

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,577)