Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plainace
Frequent Visitor

Error: A value must be provided. clientRequestId

Hi All,

Having issues with a Patch() function whereby it states the below error:

Screen2.PNG

Below is the code and below that is a screenshot.

Patch(ExposPeople,Defaults(ExposPeople),EditForm1.Updates,EditForm2.Updates,EditForm3.Updates,{ Title: "" });Navigate(Screen1_1,ScreenTransition.Cover)

it was mentioned to me that you HAVE to include "title" in your patch for sharepoint lists, regardless if it is in use or not.

Screen.PNG

No idea what "clientRequestId" is - as it's not one of my columns. I've removed the majority of required fields for testing purposes, but the same issue occurs. I am not using any flows.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ace

3 REPLIES 3
BitLord69
Power Participant
Power Participant

I have no real clue, but a wild guess is that there is a column in your database that's not allowed to have null values, but it's not filled in by the user or the app.

Good luck!

Well, I figured it out, but haven't found a solution.

It's because I'm trying to put data into a LookUpField based on a "selected" item. Long story short, it wont let you....

I encountered the same error message when using Flow.

I had a Flow action that updated a SharePoint list item's column that is type "choice." By "selecting" the choice from the drop-down menu in the action editor, I got this error message.

I replaced the selected choice with the text I wanted and that worked normally.

Bug?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,959)