Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caz_16
Advocate I
Advocate I

Error Handling "The requested operation is invalid"

Hello fellow PowerApps developers,

I have a connection to an Oracle DB in my app which only works when the user has their VPN active. If the user tries to use a function that requests data from that source, it attempts to connect for the PowerApps limit of 2 minutes, and then times out. The app produces the following error in the studio setting, but does not convey any error to the user:

"The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: OracleDB View Name failed: The specified item [Oracle Table Name] is not found. inner exception: the specified item [Oracle Table Name] is not found. clientRequestID: *long string of text and numbers*"

So what I want to do is handle this specific error and use the Notify function to let them know that this error likely occurred because their VPN is not active and that they should go turn it on. 

My issue is that I cannot find where PowerApps stores this error. It is not under the Errors([Oracle Table Name]) table. I have confirmed multiple ways that that table is blank. I also tried various way of doing this with the "OnError" function of the App. 

Please do not recommend I try this below. Again, I have already confirmed that when this error occurs, the Errors table for this data source is blank. 

If(
        Not(IsBlank(Errors('[Oracle Table Name]').Message)),
        Set(
            Var_GlobalError,
            First(Errors('Oracle Table Name').Message)
        )
    )

For the record, this is how I am invoking the function to go get a record from my Oracle DB source. Basically I'm looking up the record, using the selected record which is stored in the __ItemSelectedEmp variable. Then I am saving the record returned in the _DownloadedData variable. 

Set(
        _DownloadedData,
        LookUp(
            'Oracle DB View',
            ENTITY_KEY = __ItemSelectedEmp.Entity_Key
        )
    );

Please help me track down where PowerApps stores this error so I can do some handling.

Thanks! -Caz

1 REPLY 1
Caz_16
Advocate I
Advocate I

Bumping this.....

@WarrenBelz @RandyHayes @Shanescows @Drrickryp , Any help, ideas? Need me to elaborate more? 

Thank you!

-Caz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,681)