cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error: The record specified is not an entity or not owned by this data source.

I had posted this error on another user's thread, but posting to my own, because they believe their error is related to controls or logic. I do not believe my error is related to either, becuase I do not have the checkbox/toggle control or any if/then logic in the app in question. The PowerApp has not been modified since mid April and the SQL database has not been modified recently either. 

[5/11/17 UPDATE] The error only occurs on Desktop instances when attempting to update a record.

Screenshot_20170509-052558.png 

Session ID: 3fe23f7a-3983-7123-9485-d98d6dfa0747

Please advise,

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Error: The record specified is not an entity or not owned by this data source.

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for posting this.

Would you please share some information about the record fields (Data source here, entity from Common Data Service or Dynamics 365?), and the condition specified for the editing record?

Record mismatch may be caused by the filter condition, when it is related with some problematic data type.

Would it be convenient for @AndyPennell  (PowerApps staff) to take a investigation through the Session ID?

Thanks in Advance for Andy's help.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Error: The record specified is not an entity or not owned by this data source.

Apologies, irrelevant comment, hence deleted.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Sorry but that session ID shows no errors, and I don't understand enough about data flow to be more helpful here.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for looking, Andy.

The PowerApp in question is a simple Time Tracker app, that has worked flawlessly (once we moved away from the CDS to SQL), until the latest round of updates pushed from Microsoft.

Here is how the app functions:

The user selects a Project from a DropDown, enters details about the Item in a text box, and the TimeSpent in another Text box.

The Error I am referencing occurs when a only on Desktop when a user tries to edit a a record.

Does my explanation make sense to you?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michael,

The data source utilized is a Table in a SQL server. The error is only occuring on desktop instances, and mobiles seems to work fine still.

Let me know if that make sense, and if there is any further detail I can provide to assist in troubleshooting.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a quick video of the error that occurs when attempting to edit records from Desktop. The error does not occur on Mobile.

https://youtu.be/XQg6ho6SYWU

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Word on the forum is that Microsoft is aware of the issue, and is working on a patch:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/error-message-The-record-specified-is-not-an-ent...

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Error still occurs on Desktop.

Any update?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

No update and Microsoft support have gone silent.  Anyone with any news?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,041)