cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCotom
Regular Visitor

Error The specified column is ready only and can't be modified while using Patch Function

Hi

I'm facing the following scenario, while trying to patch a column using the following formula:

Patch(LN_Request,ThisItem,{'App_ID2:Xerox_App_Gallery':{
'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Value: AppName.Selected.ID, Id:AppName.Selected.ID
}})

The application is showing the error message: The specified column is ready only and can't be modified

Any advice is welcome

Cesar

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @CCotom ,

A little bit difficult when I cannot see your data however you are patching the ID to both the value and the ID. Should you be pasting the appname to the value?
You also do not need the odata reference any more.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

CCotom
Regular Visitor

After doing some correction as @WarrenBelz suggested 

Patch(LN_Request,ThisItem,{App_ID:{
Value: AppName.Selected.Xerox_App_Gallery, Id:AppName.Selected.ID
}})

The error is fixed

@CCotom ,

That is exactly what I suggested - you might consider marking that as the solution rather than your last post.

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @CCotom ,

A little bit difficult when I cannot see your data however you are patching the ID to both the value and the ID. Should you be pasting the appname to the value?
You also do not need the odata reference any more.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks @WarrenBelz for your reply.

Let me clarify the Scenario:
What I have here is a Sharepoint List in a Gallery. This field App_ID2:Xerox_App_Gallery it is defined as a Lookup field.
On the other hand, in power apps I want to update this reference ID

I'm trying create a form on a SharePoint List (Header and Lines List), the App Name is a look up of a third list that manage all the definitions of the apps.

Thank in advace for any advice

CCotom_0-1614827330192.png

CCotom_2-1614827376730.png

CCotom
Regular Visitor

After doing some correction as @WarrenBelz suggested 

Patch(LN_Request,ThisItem,{App_ID:{
Value: AppName.Selected.Xerox_App_Gallery, Id:AppName.Selected.ID
}})

The error is fixed

@CCotom ,

That is exactly what I suggested - you might consider marking that as the solution rather than your last post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (21,020)