cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaSha
Frequent Visitor

Error adding your data source: SharePoint List

I was trying to create a new app with a connection to a SharePoint list.  When I tried to create the connection to the list I recieved the following error:

ShaSha_0-1607462955165.png

I searched for possible solutions in the forum, and tried the solution here: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Cannot-read-property-name-of-undefined/td-p/...

, which was to add a column in my list called 'dataEntityDefinition', which then returned this similar, but slightly different error: 

ShaSha_1-1607463031150.png

I'm not really sure where to go from here, but any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
flugaoveltem
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @ShaSha 

Is this happening with every sharepoint list ? 

Try to create a new sharepoint site and used it to host a new list. 

FrostedFlake
Resolver I
Resolver I

Try this Workaround:

1. Export your SharePoint List to Excel
    FrostedFlake_0-1607502668642.png
  2. Open the downloaded .iqy Query (Excel will open)

3. Import the opened Excel List to SharePoint again 
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/export-an-excel-table-to-sharepoint-974544f9-94bc-4aa8-91...

4. In PowerApps try to add the DataSource again

Good Luck!

Hi @ flugaveltem - 

No, this error is not occurring with every SharePoint list.  I actually have another app that is connected to a different list, on the same SharePoint site, which is working fine.

Once the list is exported to Excel, and a connector made to the Excel workbook then the connection is established without errors.  However, I do need the connection to be for a SharePoint list, not an excel workbook, as in my experience some PowerApp functions and features that I would like to employ do not work well with an Excel connector.

What I mean is that you export the SharePoint list to Excel, so you can then re-import it as a new SharePoint list to see if the error still shows.

You are using Excel just for the purpose - after the re-importment you are working with the same connectors as usual.

Good Luck & let me know how it worked for you.

flugaoveltem
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @ShaSha 

Have you try open your app in open an Incognito window ? 

Remove the sharepoint coneection for your app. In app details, go to Connections

Captura de tela 2020-12-14 112750.png

Remove all sharepoint existing sharepoint connections, and try to recreate it. 

If you try to create a app from inside the list, it works ? 

flugaoveltem_0-1607966699117.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,674)