cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrealdon

Error connectin to mysql through gateway if table contains guids

Hi,

I'm testing powerApps for my organization.

I was able to create a local gateway, a mysql connection and a test app using database structure.

If I use a straight table with only one integer field and a text field, I'm also able to show records inside the app.

The matter is that all of my tables use Guids and if I try to connect to any of them I receive an error asking to change the OldGuids parameter to True. 

Where should I set this parameter? I can't find any possibility in Mysql connection setup and in Gateway setup.

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Luca

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lrealdon,

Could you please share a bit more the error message within your app?

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://paultebraak.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/mysql-import-issues-with-power-bi-and-oldguids/

Based on the above blog, it seems to tell that the data format error would show up if you use GUIDs within your mysql table.

If you want to change the OldGuids parameter to True within PowerApps. I afraid that there is no way to achieve our needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks.

You're right. That's exactly the error I found.

Can you please tell me which version ap mysql are you using which does not create the issue?

In my case I found innoDB 5.5.35.

The field causing the issue is an autogenerated 36digits long CHAR, defined as Primary Key. (ex. 103645c5-0ad5-5f29-c6af-571cd336b10e).

Can you please confirm you tested the same environment?

Thanks.

Luca

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,090)