cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agalvarez
Frequent Visitor

Error connection between PowerApps and MySQL

Hellow,

I'm trying to do an application that connects with a database in MySQL and after the configuration of the connection this error arises:

"MySQL: No se encuentra un proveedor de bases de datos con el nombre 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient' invariable.

Es posible que este error se haya debido a la falta de un software cliente necesario específico del proveedor en este equipo. Para descargar el software cliente de este proveedor, visite el sitio siguiente y elija la versión de 64 bits (x64) de, como mínimo, 'MySQL Connector/Net': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=278885

inner exception: MySQL: No se encuentra un proveedor de bases de datos con el nombre 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient' invariable.

Es posible que este error se haya debido a la falta de un software cliente necesario específico del proveedor en este equipo. Para descargar el software cliente de este proveedor, visite el sitio siguiente y elija la versión de 64 bits (x64) de, como mínimo, 'MySQL Connector/Net': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=278885

clientRequestId: 91b9c2d4-0705-4daf-8813-96f81e29b8a4

Identificador de sesión: 24ab6b94-8155-42ea-ba70-866ef8b3bec8"

Then, I have installed the Connector/NET from the MySQL Installer and the same arror arises.

Finally, while I was reading the Connector Reference, I have found that the MySQL connector in Flow and PowerApps is UNAVAILABLE.

Is there any possibility of connecting a PowerApps application with a MySQL database?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards!

Alejandro.

3 REPLIES 3
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @agalvarez,

To connect to MySQL in PowerApps, you need to use custom connector. You will use the metadata to create a Custom API connection. Below is the blog that has the detailed step-to-step information about how to design MySQL Power Apps, please have a look:

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/mysql-odata-powerapps.rst

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
darkhunter1ero

Do you fix this? (lo arreglaste?)

Hi,

I could not fix this. I followed all the steps to configure a suitable connection between PowerApps and API Server and it seems to me that the connection is right but, when I am designing the user interface of the app, a "code:500" error arises and does not allow me to develop my work.

In the attachments you can see the error message.

Thank you very much.

Best regards!

Alejandro.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,526)