cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Error handling a failed flow when expecting a response

I have a working Power Automate solution that returns a Table of items from my SQL data source. However, when there are no records to return from SQL, I get the ugly popup below. I've tried IfError() unsuccessfully and I've tried error handling in Flow (config run after), but PowerApps still expects a response, which is empty when no items are found. Any idea how to hide this popup?

thumbnail_Screenshot_20200109-114038_Power Apps.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I ended up getting around this by adding another HTTP response card in Flow and included an "empty" response, where strings were set to "", numbers set to 0, etc. I added "Error" in the main header string. In PowerApps, I added an If statement that looks for "Error" in that header string, and if it is there, throws Notify()..

Not the best way to do it, but it's working now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
poweractivate
Super User
Super User

@EricLott 

We do not believe the PowerApps Canvas App notifications can be hidden, including those called by Notify, or also the system generated ones, except by tapping manually to close it.

We would also like to know how to hide the notifications, if it is possible. Anyone else know?

We might check into it in more detail ourselves, we investigated this before though, but we may check again as we want to know how to do this too.

If we find some unknown way to do it we might update here in a new reply. In meantime, anyone else have any idea?

EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I ended up getting around this by adding another HTTP response card in Flow and included an "empty" response, where strings were set to "", numbers set to 0, etc. I added "Error" in the main header string. In PowerApps, I added an If statement that looks for "Error" in that header string, and if it is there, throws Notify()..

Not the best way to do it, but it's working now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,859)