cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fbxiii
Level: Powered On

Error handling on Device not working

I have got a form that is attached to a Sharepoint list.  The list has 3 fields that are set to 'Data Required'.  When running the App on my desktop, I get the desired error messages and highlights when clicking the Submit button following no input from the User.

When I try the same on my mobile device, no errors appear and a Blank record is created in the list showing 'Required Info' in the relevant fields.

Can anyone assist as to why this would happen?  I am running PA mobile version 2.0.811 on my device.

3 REPLIES 3
fbxiii

Re: Error handling on Device not working

A coleague has tested this on a different device and he has the same issue.  If I run the App through Dynamics 365, I get no errors there either.  It is just in the web based PA builder that I get the desired messages.

Power Apps Staff ShantanuP
Power Apps Staff

I just tried similar scenario but I did see an error message for required data field. Can you please try uninstall PowerApps and install it again and see if error goes away? If that doesn't work then try republishing the app from web based PA app builder and see if it fixes the issue. 

fbxiii

I tried the re-install and it didn't work.

I just read the thread on 'version 2.0.802 problems' and tried replacing one of my data cards.  The errors are appearing as expected now.

The form had been built before conditionality was applied to the List.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,405)