cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimMeldrum1
Helper II
Helper II

Error importing a solution between environments

When attempting to import a Solution from one Environment to another in the same tenant the process is initiated and the status message 'Currently importing solution "solution name"' appears but after a short while is replaced with the error below: -

Solution "solution name" failed to import: Code: InternalServerError Content: ModelBuilderService_EvaluationChallengedResult

There is an option to download an xml log file but does not display well enough for me to make any sense of it 😞

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimMeldrum1
Helper II
Helper II

I managed to import the solution successfully via the classic interface (under Solutions I selected switch to classic) although I received this warning: -

The import of solution: Registration Solution completed with warning. Ribbon client metadata is being refreshed in the background.

There was also a warning in the Status column against the Flow object 'Push Attendance to Excel' which stated "Warning This Solution Import Log table contains 50 records." but I'm not sure if that's relevant. I mention it as everything else appears to be normal.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @JimMeldrum1 ,

Are you using AI Builder in your solution?

Hi @sakula1996 thank you for your response. I'm not using AI Builder in the solution. It comprises some Dataverse tables, a Canvas App and a Flow

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@JimMeldrum1 , can you post the XML log?

Of course, attached. Thank you again @sakula1996 

Hi @JimMeldrum1 ,

I have a similar problem.  I have not resolved it yet but I finally found how to look at the XML log… so I thought I’ll share it with you.

At the top of the XML I saw this line: “schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet” which made me think to try to open it with Excel… Eureka!

It gives you a nicely formatted Excel file with 2 tabs; the first tab is just a summary of the solution and publisher info. The second tab present the logs in a readable format.

I check your file and it seems it stopped processing when it encountered a flow named “Push Attendance to Excel”.  Not sure if this is the root cause of the problem but I guess it’s a good place to start.

Good luck!

The "Push Attendance to Excel" flow is part of the solution and the XML log file lists the status as 'processed'. It's the last element in the solution so I think it's not this.

The only error in the log is against Solution ItemType which states: -

Code: InternalServerError Content: ModelBuilderService_EvaluationChallengedResult

I found this on the Web: - ModelBuilder Class (Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore) | Microsoft Docs

Baffled 😞

JimMeldrum1
Helper II
Helper II

I managed to import the solution successfully via the classic interface (under Solutions I selected switch to classic) although I received this warning: -

The import of solution: Registration Solution completed with warning. Ribbon client metadata is being refreshed in the background.

There was also a warning in the Status column against the Flow object 'Push Attendance to Excel' which stated "Warning This Solution Import Log table contains 50 records." but I'm not sure if that's relevant. I mention it as everything else appears to be normal.

View solution in original post

Thanks for telling me about the Switch to classic idea... I tried... but it failed again.
Right now I"m at the point where I'm starting a new solution from scratch and testing Export/Import after adding only 2-3 objects at the time.  This way I hope to pinpoint issue.

Addendum: once I'd imported into the target environment using the classic interface I was able to export from that environment and into another environment using the new interface without issues.

The only material change I can think is that the tables in the initial source environment were populated with data which does not transfer on export and import.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,267)