cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Rakkenes
Regular Visitor

Error in App but works in test

I am setting up an  app that works fine in test-bed but partly fails when I publish and run it as an APP. It actually functions as intended but gives the following error-message every time I load data: 

 

"The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Table1 failed: Expression "ConsultantName eq null" is not supported. clientRequestId:....." (Long number after clientRequestId:

 

The data comes out of an Excel formated like a table, all datafields are tight strings, all datafields have been quality checked to the best of my abilities, the table is called Table1

 

My app is based on a empty canvas and has a drop down box called Droopdown1 with the following data: Distinct(Table1,Decision)

 

I have a Gallery called "GalleryScope" setup below the drop down acting on the drop down with the following data: Filter(Table1, Decision = Dropdown1.Selected.Result)

 

I have a Formviewer on the right displaying various values. It has the following data: GalleryScope.Selected

 

Finally I have a small Gallery called Gallery 3 (Yeah I know, not a good name) that has the following data: Filter(Table1, ConsultantName = GalleryScope.Selected.ConsultantName). What this does is to pull out all records with the same consultant name. 

 

Now I am fairly new to this game, I started last week. Lots of fun to play with it and I love the platform! That said, I have Googled and watched more Youtube the last week than last year combined.

Still, this one I cannot figure out. I have a vague idea that this could be caused by launch sequence of the app, and that the variable ConsultantName in that launch sequence could be null before fields are refreshed (ie that ConsultantName is a required value somehow). Now I am guessing simply based on what I see other have struggled with. The app actually works as intended but the error messages is poking my eyes every time I use the app. Not to mention that I need to show it to the higher-ups at one point. 

 

Is there anyone out there who has more than one week of experience on this AND is able to point me in the right direction? Any help here would be highly appreciated 🙂 

 

Thanks!

Bjorn 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BradLambie
Frequent Visitor

I have had a bit of a read through and hopefully I didnt miss anything.

 

I had a similar error and it was related to the filter. 

Filter(Table1, ConsultantName = GalleryScope.Selected.ConsultantName)

I would change this to the below code and see if the error persists.

Filter(Table1, ConsultantName = TEXT(GalleryScope.Selected.ConsultantName))

View solution in original post

Correction, you were absolutely 100% right. I added the Text option to one more Gallery and now it works without error messages. Thank you, you made my day 🙂 

 

All the best, 

Bjorn 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BradLambie
Frequent Visitor

I have had a bit of a read through and hopefully I didnt miss anything.

 

I had a similar error and it was related to the filter. 

Filter(Table1, ConsultantName = GalleryScope.Selected.ConsultantName)

I would change this to the below code and see if the error persists.

Filter(Table1, ConsultantName = TEXT(GalleryScope.Selected.ConsultantName))

View solution in original post

Hi, 

 

Thanks, this clearly helped, although it did not solve the problem 🙂 I did the modification so that my Gallery3 now reads Filter(Table1, ConsultantName = Text(GalleryScope.Selected.ConsultantName)). The only difference I can see is that I now see the error message in the developer view of the app - which is a great improvement. Previously all was fine there and the error appeared only in the published app. To me that indicates that the problem is in this specific filter or some of its many settings. 

Thanks for the suggestion! If you or others have ideas where I may have failed, let me know. 

 

Bjorn 

 

Correction, you were absolutely 100% right. I added the Text option to one more Gallery and now it works without error messages. Thank you, you made my day 🙂 

 

All the best, 

Bjorn 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,773)