cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcutrin
Frequent Visitor

Error in Filter Function

Hello everyone,

I have a filtering problem, I have three lists "Controls" "Users" and "Cities" within "User" there is a LookUp to "Cities", the list of "Controls" has a LookUp to Users, this list (Controls) has about 2700 records and I need to filter them by City User, but the City is within Users. Any suggestion?

OnStart:
Set(varUserZona; LookUp(Users; Title= varUser.FullName).Citie.Value)

I use the following function:

Gallery.Items:

Filter (AddColumns (
'Controls';
"Cities"; LookUp (Users; Title = User.Value; Citie.Value));
Cities = varUserZona (Variable global, that i obtain on StartUp)
)

But I have not managed to get all the values, only 500, since AddColumns is not delegable

From now, thank you for you help

3 REPLIES 3
KrishnaV
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @jcutrin ,
Remember in PowerApps we can get only a max of 2000 records and I see you are getting only 500 means your app has the default item limit. Change that to 2000 (max item limit by following the below steps).
File -> Setting -> Advanced setting -> change the limit and then click save.

KrishnaV_0-1605644719679.png

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
jcutrin
Frequent Visitor

Hello  KrishnaV,

Thanks for your Reply, but this would not limit me to only 2000, what would happen to the remaining 700? On the other hand, I previously increased this capacity, but the gallery took a long time to load, which led to complaints from the Users, I am looking for a delegable way to carry out the commented search.
I just added another gallery with which I add the users that have the City that I require and filter my list of controls in this way:

Gallery2.Items: Filter (User; Locacion.Value = varUserZona)

Gallery1.Items:
Filter ('Controls; Users.Id in Gallery2.AllItems.ID)

This works fine but is not delegable.

Thx!

Hi @jcutrin ,

I have done a blog on Delegation that has some options that may assist you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,220)