cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rene_Kunig
Frequent Visitor

Error message at app start

Hello,

I have been using this message since the latest time when launching my app. However, I can't assign what triggers it. Can someone give me a tip on this?

Der angeforderte Vorgang ist ungültig. Serverantwort: The right side of the "LessThan" operator can't be NULL.

Thank you for Help

René

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

There's definitely an expression in your app that uses the less than operator AND the right side of the expression has a potential to be null. So you can do one of the two things: 

1. In the right hand side of the expression, check for null and provide a default value of some kind in case the right hand side is null. For example, if you are comparing dates like Date1<Date2, you could do Date1<If(!IsBlank(Date2),Date2,Today())

2. Use some other comparison e.g. if you are comparing dates like Date1< Date2 you could do DateDiff(Date1,Date2)<0

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

View solution in original post

Hello,

Thank you, that helped me

"2. Use some other comparison e.g. if you are comparing dates like Date1< Date2 you could do DateDiff(Date1,Date2)<0"

Mfg René

Please accept my response as the solution so as to help others and acknowledge that my suggestion worked for you

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Somewhere in your App you have a formula that uses an < operator.  The value on the left side of that formula is evaluating to null.  Probably a variable or field that is coming up with a null value.  To evaluate anything like that it has to be on the other side of the equation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

There's definitely an expression in your app that uses the less than operator AND the right side of the expression has a potential to be null. So you can do one of the two things: 

1. In the right hand side of the expression, check for null and provide a default value of some kind in case the right hand side is null. For example, if you are comparing dates like Date1<Date2, you could do Date1<If(!IsBlank(Date2),Date2,Today())

2. Use some other comparison e.g. if you are comparing dates like Date1< Date2 you could do DateDiff(Date1,Date2)<0

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Hello,

Thank you, that helped me

"2. Use some other comparison e.g. if you are comparing dates like Date1< Date2 you could do DateDiff(Date1,Date2)<0"

Mfg René

Thats awesome, glad I could help!

Please accept my response as the solution so as to help others and acknowledge that my suggestion worked for you

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,049)